United Cutlery Pin-up Girl Pocketknife Collection
Item # RCUC1242TS
The United Cutlery Pin-up Girl Pocket Knife CollectionWith the premier of the Gibson Girl in the late 19th century, the all American pin-up has made an impact as a viable art form for over a century. It was popularized in World War II, when American soldiers held in high esteem the images that served to be a reminder of home, boosting morale more than anyone could ever imagine. These pictures made their way into the air as bomber nose art, the paint that made each plane individual and reflected the dreams and attitude of the crew inside. Early depictions of pin-up illustrated the girl-next door: a shy but playful character. From magazines and calendars to World War II nose art, pinup art has evolved into a portrayal of the sexual confidence of today’s woman.
The United Cutlery Pin-up Girl Folder Collection is a tribute to this century old art form with each series in the collection focusing on a different theme. Each knife is constructed of the highest quality materials with superior craftsmanship and features a full color reproduction of original pin-up art, by artist Tina Kirby of Tennessee, on the front and back of the handle. Each pocketknife folder comes with a protective padded zipper storage pouch. Each folder is also individually serialized on the nickel silver handle shield which certifies that it is a genuine original, preserving its collectibility.
- Choose from Pin-Up Girl : Vanessa , Vicki , or Roxanne
- Blade Length: 3 1/4″
- Closed Length: 3 15/16″
- Blade Thickness: 3/32″
- Blade Material: 420 J2 Stainless Steel , drop point lockback blade
- Handle: Cast metal, polished black chrome plated finish, nickel plated cloisonne handle shield, imitation ivory inserts, full-color art (front and back)
- Pouch: Black imitation leather, padded interior, zipper closure
- Certificate of authenticity
- Individually Serialized Limited Edition
- OUT OF PRODUCTION Very Limited Supply Left
- Design may be offensive to some customers